How to Cook Cajun Food

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

How to Cook Cajun Food for Beginners

Welcome to How to Cook Cajun Food. Here in Louisiana we have a long history of cooking world famous Cajun food. On this site you will find the recipes and cooking techniques used in restaurants and homes across the state of Louisiana.

For those aspiring Cajun chiefs I will start out with the most common foods that my friends and family eat and try to lay them out in the easiest way possible to understand. For the already well versed Cajun chiefs, bare with me cause as I'm sure you know there are several different ways to make some of our  favorite recipes. One thing I have learned over my years of cooking in Louisiana is that each person has there own tried and true methods of how to cook Cajun food. Take cooking crawfish for example, I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the numerous ways the people I know cook this tasty crustacean.

There will also be certain words and phrases (Cajun French) on this site that might not be familiar with visitors who are not from our part of the country.  Heck some of the sayings I have trouble with myself but I will explain the meaning as the words or phrases as they come up in the posts.

If you have any questions about the information on this site or would like to share your own recipes on how to cook Cajun food please feel free to e-mail me at daleshawnm@gmail.com

Laissez le Bon temp rouler (Lazay Lay Bon Tom Roulay) or in plain English "Let the Good Times Roll"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment